The Good Universities Guide ranks CQUniversity in the top four Australian universities for graduate outcomes and equity and in the top 20% for teaching quality and overall experience.
- Social equity (ranked 1st – 37% of students enrolling at CQUni come from low socioeconomic or disadvantaged backgrounds)
- First generation (ranked 2nd – 40% of students are first in generation to attend university i.e. their parents’ education did not exceed Year 12)
- Graduate employment (ranked 4th – 80.4% employed full-time within four months of course completion)
- Starting salary (ranked 3rd – $62 000)
- Teaching quality (82.6% of students satisfied with the support they received from CQUni)
- Overall experience (80.5% of students satisfied with the overall quality of educational experience).
“They are all great results and are a testament to the high-quality of learning and teaching that we provide at the University,” Prof Bowman said.
“It’s a great result to see that our graduates continue to be in-demand with above-sector averages for full-time employment and starting salary.
“Just as satisfying to see is that we ranked second in the country in the Good University Guide’s newest ranking of ‘first generation’, cementing our vision for inclusiveness to deliver educational opportunities to demographics that are traditionally underrepresented,” he said.
The Good Universities Guide is just one of the rankings demonstrating the high quality and success of CQUniversity graduates.
The Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) results released in May – an important measure of student satisfaction and success across all Australian universities – showed the median salary of CQUniversity postgraduates was AUD $95 000, (compared with the national average of $80 000) and undergraduates was $62 000 (compared to the national average of $58 000).
80.4% of CQUniversity undergraduates were in full-time employment in their field within four months of graduation; well above the national average of 70.6%.
The Australian-government-funded QILT provide a transparent snapshot of Australia’s higher education institutions from the perspective of recent students and graduates.
The recent QS Top Universities rankings also placed CQUniversity in the 100 Universities under 50 years old and the top 600 universities worldwide.
These pleasing results are a testament to the outstanding quality of CQUniversity graduates, some of which are highlighted on our alumni profile site. We encourage CQUniversity graduates to share their achievements by completing a profile form to inspire future and current students.