CQUniversity’s Learning Management System, Moodle is being upgraded. This upgrade will introduce a refreshed look (but not too different to what you are used to) and exciting new features.
Keep reading for our official advice…
Why is Moodle being upgraded?
CQUniversity regularly upgrades systems like Moodle to ensure system security, improve the user experience and provide enhancements. This Moodle upgrade will see significant improvements, particularly to forum features.
What is changing?
The Moodle essentials you are familiar with will remain, with the addition of these new features:
- Simplified navigation and menus
- Improved notifications and messaging
- A more user-friendly display of your learning materials
- A new ‘Quick-links’ menu that links you to unit information, assessment, support, and further services
- Enhanced forum functionality including sorting, starring and private replies
- Improved compatibility with mobile devices, meaning your learning and study resources will be more accessible than ever before.
When is the change happening?
Moodle is being upgraded on Saturday, 7 March. During the upgrade, all Moodle units will be unavailable between 6 am – 2 pm (AEST). We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
TAFE students should note that VET Moodle will be upgraded on Saturday, 28 March.
When can I access my Moodle units again?
We expect access will be restored from 2 pm (AEST). If you don’t need to access Moodle units urgently, we recommend waiting to access Moodle on Sunday.
Who do I contact with questions or feedback?
If you have any questions or concerns about the upgrade please contact TaSAC on 1300 666 620 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Can I preview the new look and feel?
We recommend visiting this preview of the new Moodle Dashboard to ensure you are familiar with the new layout. You can also view this sneak peek of a Moodle unit. The Moodle Help for Students page here will provide more information about these changes.
Add the Moodle upgrade to your calendar or Student Wall Planner so you’re prepared for downtime.