The CQUGlobal Outbound Exchange Program allows you to study for a term or academic year at one of our partner institutions while remaining enrolled at CQUniversity. In most cases you will be able to combine study and travel without extending the total duration of your study! The CQUGlobal team also connects you with special overseas programs – like cultural tours!
Sometimes, you can even gain credit for the courses you study and transfer these credits back to your CQUniversity program. Your chosen courses will need to be approved by CQUniversity before you go.
Why should you study overseas?
An exchange or cultural tour can be a life-changing experience and will not only help you develop your intercultural intelligence and communication skills, but also give you a competitive edge in the global job market when you graduate.
It will give you the opportunity to;
- Undertake studies in unique and exciting courses not offered at CQUniversity.
- Forge international links and develop a global network of contacts for your professional future as you make life-long friends with people from other parts of the world.
- Learn more about yourself and your capabilities while you gain self-confidence.
- Immerse yourself in a new culture
- Improve your foreign language skills or learn a new language.
Current Short-term opportunities on offer
Check out some of our short-term overseas programs currently on offer to you as a CQUni student.
Sustainability Study Tour to India for Digital Media, Science & Environmental Science students – 2 places remaining
This Indian professional placement experience focuses on environmental sustainability. Your hosts in India are the internationally recognised Centre for Environment Education (CEE). The exact program is modified each year, but you will be involved with programs that deal with environmental issues such as waste management, impacts of climate change, wildlife conservation and traditional agricultural practices and the use of digital media to spread the sustainability message. Cultural activities such as a visit to Ghandi’s Ashram and flying kites at the vibrant Kite Flying festival are also included along with lessons in Gujarati and workshops on cultural customs so that you feel more confident in the environment.
- Dates: 2 weeks in January 2019 – exact dates tbc
- Cost: Approx. $4,600 (subject to flight confirmation)
- Credit: Students need to enrol in BIOL12050 Professional Placement or Project
- Funding: 2x $3,000 New Colombo Plan grants available & you can apply for an OS-HELP loan of up to $7,998 to cover all costs
Build Your Professional Resume with an Overseas Education Program this Summer!
Academic Credit + $3000 Travel Grants Available!
Deadline: 19 October, 2018
|Spend your summer on the professional development opportunity of a lifetime, exploring a fascinating new country & developing an Action Project that will have lasting impact for global communities.
Unbound is an amazing Australian social enterprise that brings people together from various demographics and facilitates education in the most engaging and adventurous way! I travelled to Vietnam with Unbound earlier this year and to say that it was an amazing experience would be an understatement. The friendships that I made and the knowledge that I gained was certainly beyond what I expected. If you are looking for an opportunity to travel that is both fun and educational, I would highly recommend one of the many great overseas programs that Unbound has to offer!
– Emily, CQU Undergraduate Student
Study in Germany
At Hessen International Winter Universities
(Queensland Students may apply for a free place) – Depending n your course, you may be eligible to receive elective credit.
An interesting study program at a choice of 3 universities with exciting topics from a wide range of subject areas taught by highly qualified German and international experts
- German language courses (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Various excursions and cultural events
- Limited exchange places available for Queensland students only1. University of Kassel – New Perspectives for a Globalized World: Environmental and Cultural Dimensions (29 December 2018 – 18 January 2019)
Cost: 2,190 Euro inc. language course, the academic seminars, excursions, accommodation in a host family (with 2 meals per day), course materials, public transportation ticket for Kassel, health / accident and liability insurance.
- Engineering Module – Environmental Engineering: Renewable Energy Sources
- Culture Module: From Goethe’s time to the Weimar Republic – German History, Literature & Art
For more information, visit http://www.isu-hessen.de/front_content.php?idcat=333
- Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences: 29 December 2018 – 19 January 2019
Cost: 1,990 Euro inc. language course, German conversation course, academic seminars, hotel accommodation, cultural programme and trips to Frankfurt & Marburg.
- Business: International Marketing & Sales
- Social Sciences: Between Poverty & Conservation – Socio-Economics of Smallholder Farming in the Tropics
For more information, visit: http://www.isu-hessen.de/front_content.php?idcat=337
- Fulda University of Applied Sciences: Cultural Diversity (7-26 January 2019)
Cost = 1,990 Euro inc. language course, German conversation course, academic seminars, hotel accommodation, cultural programme and trips (extra fee for the trips to Würzburg, Nürnberg, and Weimar), inexpensive meals available in the student cafeteria.
- Culture Studies Module: Culture and Society: German History, Culture, Literature in an Intercultural Context
- Business Module: International Management in an Inter-Cultural Environment
- Art and Society Module
For more information, visit: http://www.isu-hessen.de/front_content.php?idcat=334
If you have any questions about these amazing overseas opportunities and programs, you can contact our friendly CQU Global team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.