Ever wanted to take a once in a lifetime opportunity to develop your understanding of the political, cultural and socioeconomic worlds of another country – say India perhaps?
Or maybe you’re interested in studying for at least a term in Asia next year? Or how about spending a term in Fiji studying Environmental Science, Business in Tokyo, Engineering in Singapore or even Tourism in Thailand?
CQUGlobal Outbound programs allow current CQUniversity students to experience life and study from a choice of over 30 countries across six continents, and the CQUGlobal Outbound team are excited to announce two huge opportunities as part of the Reimagining India and New Colombo programs. And if you think funding would be an issue, think again as CQUGlobal has you covered with some incredible scholarship opportunities of up to an astounding $45,000!
Keep reading for more on how you can travel the world with CQUGlobal…
Reimagining India – December 2018
Apply today for a chance to join us for a funded visit to India!
This once in a lifetime opportunity will develop your understanding of the political, cultural, and socioeconomic worlds of India – and you could receive $3000 funding from the Australian Government’s New Colombo Plan to support your participation.
ABOUT THE REIMAGINING INDIA DECEMBER PROGRAM
Program Dates: 1st-15th December 2018
Join us in the world’s fastest growing economy and most diverse place on earth. The IndoGenius Reimagining India is a two-week interdisciplinary experiential learning program taking place in Mumbai, Jaipur, Agra and New Delhi this December.
You will discover contemporary India’s growing political and economic role on the world stage at sites ranging from diplomatic enclaves, multinationals and 3D printing workshops to rural villages, ancient cities and slum recycling centres.
Participants will interact with 20+ local and international organisations in Delhi, Mumbai and Jaipur including:
- On-site visits and talk with industry experts from various sectors;
- Government bodies, including the Australian High Commission;
- Visits to prestigious institutions to meet students and learn about their entrepreneurial businesses and ideas;
- On-site visits and activities with social enterprises.
- You will meet and network with business leaders at their corporate offices and interact with the world’s fastest-growing startup ecosystem.
The program is delivered by IndoGenius – India’s leading provider of short courses to international students with over 1,200 alumni from the UK, US and Australia since 2011.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
Get a head-start on your peers by learning about India and its relevance to your life and career.
You will gain first-hand knowledge and experience of contemporary India, which is increasingly valued by employers in a globalized workforce.
Here are some of the benefits of joining the program:
- First-hand knowledge and experience of contemporary India.
- 21st-century skills to elevate your CV, which is also sought out by top institutions and employers
- Make connections and network with India’s academic and business communities
- Gain new friends and acquaintances.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
Almost anyone can apply for the program – and you could receive $3000 NCP funding.
To receive the NCP Australian Government scholarship you will need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Be eligible to receive credit for our program
- Be an Australian citizen
- Have not previously received an NCP Short Term mobility grant
Those who are not eligible for these scholarships may apply as self-funded participants.
This program is eligible for OS-HELP loans from the Australian Government. Please check online and speak with your study abroad office for more information.
HOW DO I APPLY?
To learn more, and apply today visit indogenius.org/australia.
“The Reimagining India program has opened my mind and softened my heart more than any other course I have taken. India is a complex country with unique challenges and incredibly innovative solutions and I truly thank Team IndoGenius for helping me to realise the importance of India in my everyday life. I am very grateful for the experiential learning model which allowed me to search for lessons that applied to my career in education, while also being exposed to ideas that hadn’t ever crossed my mind. Thank you for this life-changing experience!”
The University of Adelaide
This program was beneficial to me personally as it continually inspired me to learn, fuelling my curiosity outstandingly. I believe that my time in India reaffirmed my desire to do something much larger than myself in this life. Whatever that may be, will be without a doubt with reference to my time in India on this fantastic program.
Queensland University of Technology
New Colombo Plan Scholarship
If you want to have an extended stay and study for a term in a different country, the New Colombo Plan scholarship might be for you!
Under the Australian Government’s New Colombo Plan (NCP) Scholarship program you can undertake study, participate in Internship and/or Mentorship opportunities and receive Language Training at the Host Location of your choice in any of 40 Indo-Pacific countries including;
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Vietnam.
What is a New Colombo Plan Scholarship? It’s up to a max of $45,000!!
- Tuition fees – up to $20,000 payable directly to the Host Institution*
- In-country language tuition fees – up to 6 months to a max of $10,000*
- Monthly Stipend of $2,500
- Establishment Allowance of $2,500
- Travel Allowance of $2,500
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Dedicated Case Manager
* Combined cost of semester tuition fees and language training must not exceed $20,000
Are you eligible?
The eligibility criteria includes;
- You must be an Australia citizen – if you hold dual citizenship then you cannot undertake the scholarship in a country in which you have previously been a resident/citizen.
- Be between 18 and 28 years on 1 January 2019.
- Be enrolled in a Bachelors or Bachelors Honours degree program when the scholarship commences.
- Have completed at least 1 term of full-time studies with a GPA 5.5 or above.
- Be committed to studying full-time at a university of your choice in any of 40 Indo-Pacific countries, commencing between 1 January 2019 and 15 December 2019, for a minimum of 3 months up to 1 year.
- Applicants may propose overseas study that will provide whole or partial credit towards a concurrent Diploma.
- Scholars studying a research-based honours program overseas must be supervised by an academic from their Host Institution and are required in their application to describe the benefits of undertaking their research program at their chosen Host Location.
- Be nominated by CQUniversity for a 2019 NCP Scholarship ** only 10 available**
If you are interested, contact CQUGlobal by email at email@example.com for an application form. The CQUGlobal team will also be able to provide you with more information about these scholarships, and assist with choosing a Host university.
You should also check with your Head of Course to determine if it is possible for you to study full-time for a term overseas for full academic credit towards your degree program. It is important to note the accreditation requirements of certain courses do not allow overseas study for a full term (e.g. Nursing/Midwifery, Primary/Early Childhood Education).
At CQUniversity you can be what you want to be, where you want to be. Experience a different lifestyle, culture and environment while earning credit towards your degree and without lengthening the duration of your study. Studying abroad is an experience that is guaranteed to stay with you for the rest of your life.