Applying to study a TAFE or university qualification can be a daunting process, especially if it’s your first time. It’s important to note that the application process does vary, depending on:
- Whether you are a domestic or international student
- Your educational background
- The level of education and training you wish to pursue
- The CQUniversity location you’re looking to study at.
Below we’ve put together a list of our top tips for applying.
ONE | KNOW WHERE TO APPLY
As you’ve probably gathered, things are definitely easier when you establish who and where you’re applying to.
For Domestic Students
- West Australian residents for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees
- TAFE courses including short courses, certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas
- Undergraduate study including associate and bachelor degrees, and some diplomas
- Postgraduate and honours degrees
- Research higher degrees
- Single non-award units
- English, work and study preparation
- Cross institutional study
- Current students change of course
- Direct Entry
For International Students
TWO | STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH APPLICATION CUTOFFS
With hundreds of course options, there’s often dates floating around everywhere. The biggest thing to keep in mind is that different courses have different application cut-offs and offer rounds. Some of our courses for have early closing dates, so if you’re unsure, contact us!
THREE | CONSIDER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The entry requirements do vary depending on the course you are applying for. Make sure you read through carefully and if for some reason, you feel you may not meet the listed requirements, don’t hesitate to contact our Student Advice Team on 13 27 86 (Monday – Friday, 8.45 am – 4.45 pm) to discuss your options.
FOUR | HAVE A BACK-UP PLAN
Ever had your heart set on completing your dream course, only to find out that you just missed out? By having a back-up plan, you can keep your study dreams alive.
In some cases, you may even be eligible to change courses after successfully completing a portion of your current course. Eligibility requirements apply.
Likewise, you may very well be eligible to receive RPL or credits from your previous study.
FIVE | APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
CQUniversity offers a wide range of scholarships, awards and financial assistance programs. When considering your study options, we recommend identifying the scholarships you might be eligible for and applying early. Remember, you can apply for more than one to improve your chances.