Be honest; could Term 1 have been different?
Term 2 can be a fresh start and the opportunity to move on from Term 1 – particularly if things didn’t go as well as expected.
It’s been a few weeks since Grades were released so we’ve recovered from that now, right? Now is the perfect time to reflect.
Ask yourself some questions…
- Did I procrastinate on starting assignments?
- Did I fully participate in learning activities?
- Could I have accessed help sooner with assessment tasks?
Although the Academic Learning Centre (ALC) can’t do anything about past events, we can definitely help you take control of your future studies.
ALC Services are FREE and available to all students, particularly if you’re in your first year of study and still finding your way around, or if you’re from a non-English speaking background.
Now that we’ve finished reflecting, let’s look forward to what we can change this term (and it might be our perspective on break-taking!).
When you talk to the ALC, you can get help with:
- Analysing the task requirements
- Identifying key words to research for information
- Structuring and formatting assignments (there’s nothing worse than the blank paper staring back at you!)
- Applying good referencing practices, particularly helpful if you’re using a different system this term to other subjects you’ve done.
Your fresh start is just around the corner, waiting for you. It’s not too late to see the ALC and take back your term!