A Student Identification (ID) Card is required in order to access CQUniversity campus facilities and to sit your formal examinations. It can also be used to access certain student benefits outside the University – but first you need to order one.
Before you can order your Student ID Card, you need to enrol in at least one term via MyCQU. Visit the Study view of MyCQU, select Manage Course, and then Plan and Enrol in Units.
Your Student ID Card will reflect your study load at the time of printing, full-time or part-time depending on the number of units you enrol in. So be sure to finalise your enrolment for the upcoming term before you try to place and order.
Once enrolled in units, sign in to the MyCQU using your student username and password.
Once logged in, the MyCQU Checklist is available from the Today view. Select Request your Student ID Card and then Start Now.
Your photo should be:
- 120 pixels wide x 160 pixels high
- Passport photo equivalent, i.e. head and shoulders, light background, directly facing the camera,
- Must be naturally coloured, and cannot be black and white or have any filters applied,
- Must not be retouched or digitally altered in any way,
- No hats or sunglasses and no hair covering your face,
- Photos must be taken on a phone or a camera (not a webcam),
- Photo needs to be saved as a jpg file (this is the default format for most
- phones and cameras).
You can nominate to either pick up your Student ID Card from your nearest CQUni campus, or have it posted to the address on your student record.
Processing time is usually between 3 and 5 working days.
This process can be followed if you’re a new student and also if your card has expired. If you lose or damage your card, please be aware that there is a $10 replacement fee. If it was stolen the fee will be waived upon receipt of the police incident documentation provided when you report your stolen property.
For detailed screenshots of this process and more information about obtaining a replacement card, check out our Student ID Card Instruction Sheet.