Are you new to CQUni? First of all, congratulations and welcome to the CQUni student community. Now is the time you might start to feel both nervous and excited about your first term as a uni student, and might be wondering what student life is really like, and what to expect along the way.
This is where our dedicated group of Student Mentors can help! Keep reading to learn about how to connect with a Student Mentor and get prepared for your first term.
If you are a first year student, your Student Mentor is here to assist you during your first year of study.
All our students studying undergraduate or postgraduate courses can join a Mentor group of their choice through our First Year Hangout & Mentor Support Moodle page.
Follow these steps to connect with a Student Mentor:
- Visit the First Year Hangout & Mentor Support unit in Moodle.
- ‘Enrol’ using your student email.
- Ask a question in the open forum, or meet the Mentors and choose a Mentor group.
- Check in weekly (or more) and save the site in your favorites.
- You can revisit the site at any time in your Moodle list.
What do Student Mentors do?
Our Student Mentors have volunteered to assist new students in their first year of study. Advice provided is of a general nature about topics such as timetables, room locations, handling stress, exams and enrolment. They won’t provide any academic assistance, rather they can refer you to the correct point of contact. They are also able to share insights from their own uni experiences.