You might have heard the term Census date floating around once or twice before. It’s one of the most important, recurring key dates throughout your degree, so here’s what you need to know….
Census date is the date in each term when the University counts enrolments for reporting to the Australian Government. Census date happens every term throughout your degree, so it’s important to know when Census date is.
Our Key Dates will help you to find when Census date is. Make sure you track it down and mark it in your calendar today.
As a student, there are a couple of things you’ll need to do before Census date and we’ve laid them all out for you right here.
Census date is your last chance to:
- Withdraw from one or more units without academic or financial penalty
- Submit a Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP form
- Submit a FEE-HELP or SA-HELP form
- Cancel your course without financial liability and academic penalty
- Apply for a leave of absence
- Change your citizenship status
- Provide your Tax File Number (TFN)
- Make an upfront payment.
Submitting any of your HELP forms is super simple to do in MyCentre and we’ve created a bunch of different Instruction Sheets for you here.
One last thing, if you’re enrolled for the term and have any questions about Census date, make sure you submit an enquiry with our Student Fees team before Census date.